Cosmo Students – is it almost time for you to take the State Board Exam? Click THIS LINK and read to make sure you qualify. Click on “Apply Using Online Services” and you can upload the required documents, which will allow you to fully complete and submit an application online.
Remember, the fee for the initial examination application is $78. Additional fees must be paid to the testing vendor, PEARSON VUE for each part:
1) Written Theory ($30)
2) Written Clinical ($30)
Locating the Test Schedule requires a few steps. First, click HERE.
- Under “Category” select “State Regulated.”
- Under “Choose Testing Program” select “Florida Cosmetology.”
- On the new screen, Select “Florida.” A list of cities in Florida appears. Click on “Test Site Schedule” Under “Sarasota.”
Cosmo students – You must take this HIV/AIDS Course in order to qualify to take your State Board Exam.
The exam has a section for a “Referral Code” – please enter the School Code 2801. Thanks, and good luck!
Need to practice for the Cosmetology State Board Exam? The Learning Express Library offers free test preparation.
If you live in Hillsborough County:
1. a. Click HERE to go to the Learning Express Library’s portal – select Hillsborough County Public Library and click “Sign on.”
b. Enter your Hillsborough County Public Library Card Number.
If you live in Sarasota County:
1. Click HERE, then click on Learning Express Library.
2. If you’re not already registered, please register now (it’s free). Keep your user name and password in a safe place.
3. Click on “Cosmetology”
4. Click on “Cosmetology Career Preparation”
5. Take any (or all) of the Cosmetology practice tests.
The Alice Madden Barton Cosmetology School Scholarship Program gives out scholarships twice a year in January and July. Deadline for applications is June 30 and December 31. To apply, please CLICK HERE!
Kathy Jager & Associates gives out $250 scholarships – submissions for 2011 are accepted April 1. To apply, CLICK HERE!
Our Cosmetology students can perform haircuts, hair styling, and chemical services such as perms, relaxers, colors, & highlights. They also do manicures and pedicures! Make an appointment soon!
Here are more scholarships for cosmo students!
Check them out HERE!
Do you want to reinforce the vocabulary you’re learning in class? Then do these crossword puzzles! Print out only the crossword puzzle you want to work on, and check the Word List.
Have you applied for any scholarships? Here’s a listing – be sure to check the eligibility requirements and deadlines!
A word of advice: Please create a new email address specifically for scholarship responses.
- Sally Beauty Scholarship
- Fred Luster, Sr. Education Foundation Scholarship Fund
- The Joe Francis Haircare Scholarship Foundation