Need to practice for the Registered Medical Assistant Exam? The Learning Express Library offers free test preparation.
If you live in Hillsborough County:
1. a. Click HERE to go to the Learning Express Library’s portal – select Hillsborough County Public Library and click “Sign on.”
b. Enter your Hillsborough County Public Library Card Number.
If you live in Sarasota County:
1. Click HERE, then click on Learning Express Library.
2. If you’re not already registered, please register now (it’s free). Keep your user name and password in a safe place.
3. Click on “Nursing and Allied Health.”
4. Click on “Licensure and Certification Test Preparation”
5. Scroll down until you see the “Registered Medical Assistant Practice Exams.” DO NOT CLICK ON THE CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT PRACTICE EXAMS.
6. Take both of the Registered Medical Assistant Practice Exams.
The American Medical Technologists (AMT) offers five $500 scholarships to students enrolled in a discipline certified by the AMT, which includes medical assisting and dental assisting. There is also an Outstanding Student Award and a Technical Writing Award. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION!
You’ve finished all your Medical Assisting classes and externship. What’s next? To stand out from the competition, you need to become a Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)! How?
Review the Candidate Handbook.
Send the following to the AMT:
- the application
- school transcript
- $95 application fee (check/money order/debit/credit card info)
After you’ve sent off your application packet, you must wait (usually 4-6 weeks) for an Authorization to Test Letter from the American Medical Technologist Association.
While you’re waiting to take the exam, you may practice for it by checking out RMA Practice Exam books from the LRC. You may also ask your Librarian to show you how to access the online practice tests available through the Public Library’s Website (you must have a Public Library card).
After you receive the Authorization to Test Letter, log on to http://www.PearsonVUE.com or contact PearsonVUE directly (813-621-2397-Tampa – Sabal Business Park) to schedule an examination time and place.